India Association of Los Angeles elects its President & Executive Committee for the year 2016-17
Los Angeles, Nov. 09, 2016
San Fernando Valley, CA: India Association of Los Angeles (IALA), which was founded in 1999 to preserve, promote and nurture the values of Indian heritage, culture and traditions of India by organizing various cultural and social events, has reelected Mr Vineet Puri as its president and a new executive committee on November 2nd.
Mr Puri, an outstanding realtor by profession, has been active in community work for last sixteen years. He has been involved in the IALA for many years and served in many capacities. This year, on August 20th, IALA put up a splendid India Independence Day event in Chatsworth High School ground, which attracted thousands of people from across the valley.
Here is the list of newly-elected members of the executive committee of IALA:
- President - Vineet Puri
- Executive Vice President - Sunil Agrawal
- Secretary - Nina Bawa
- Joint Secretary - Ramesh Bramharouthu
- Treasurer - Ouseph Poulose
- VP Finance - Harbans "Bob" Bawa
- VP Cultural Affairs - Kavita Puri
- VP Publicity - Navdeep "Bittu" Singh
- VP Public Relations - Nalini Natarajan
- VP Youth Affairs - Manjeet Wahi
- Executive Member 1 - Sunil "Bobby" Prabhakar
- Executive Member 2 - Aishveryaa Nidhi
- Executive Member 3 - Kanaksinh Zhala
- Executive Member 4 - Robin Paik
- Executive Member 5 - Raj Thakkar
IALA conducts election every year to elect its executive committee. This year all executive committee was elected unanimously.
IALA has been organizing India Independence Day Mela and celebrating Republic Day of India since 1999. India Independence Day celebration brings more than 10,000 people, mostly Indian community, every year and provides platform to community talent to showcase their talent live in front of thousands of people. Congressman, Indian Ambassador, and so many other officials have been part of these celebrations in previous years.