SC Governor, NRI Nikki Haley attended Ed Royce Fundraising Event
Anaheim, California, Nov. 09, 2011
Gary Singh/ Ashok Gupta
A successful fund raising dinner for Ed Royce's re-election campaign, hosted by Harry and Gin Sidhu (Anaheim Mayor Pro Tem) was held on November 9, 2011- 5:30 p.m, at their residence, 145 S. Vista Grande, Anaheim, Califoria
The evening began with a social gathering where guests were welcomed by Mr. and Mrs. Sidhu. The entrepreneurs, professionals and successful businessmen from Los Angeles area attended the fundraising event. At about 7pm, Mr. Harry Sidhu welcomed every one and introduced Representative Ed Royce and requested for their support.
At about 7:30 pm, Mr. Sidhu’s daughter Sohaina sidhu introduced South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley who was the Featured Guest Speaker for the Event.
- The Indian community is the most educated of any minority in the country.
- The Indian community has the highest per capital income of any minority in the country.
- The Indian community is the least independent on government assistant of any minority in the country.
- The Indians are great in medicine, great in engineering, and great in education.
Now is the time for us to give back up in government. That is what we are trying to do. My parents sacrifice so much and I know so many of you did that. Now it is our job and I am talking to the next generation to make sure we all understand that.
Ed Royce (R), based in Orange County, is serving his tenth term in Congress from Southern California's 40th District. He is a graduate of California State University, Fullerton, and School of Business Administration. Prior to entering public service, his professional background includes experience as a small business owner, a controller, a capital projects manager, and a corporate tax manager for a Southern California company. He is longtime residents of Fullerton, CA. .........Read More
Anaheim Mayor Tom Tait with Nikki Randhawa Haley
At the last she thanked the Sidhu family for hosting this Event. She also thanked all the guests and encouraged them to support Representative Ed Royce.
Dignitaries in attendance were:
- Anaheim Mayor Tom Tait
- Anaheim City Council Member Gail Eastman
- Anaheim City Council Member Kris Murray
- Orange County Board of Supervisors Chairman Bill Campbell and his wife Mary
- Orange County Supervisor Janet Nguyen and husband Tom Bonikowski, former Garden Grove Planning
- Commissioner, with their baby son
- State Senator Tom Harman and wife Dianne
- Assemblyman Chris Norby and wife Martha
- Assemblyman Don Wagner
- Former Orange Couty Supervisor Todd Spitzer
Host Committee Event Sponsors attending were:
- K.V. Kumar - who spoke as a representative of the Host Committee Sponsors at the event
- Tilak Chopra
- Ashok Desai
- Mahendra Desai
- Shiv Grewal
Narendra and Anita Gupta
- Patrick Iyer and wife Usha
- Rattan Joea
- Mani Sidhu
- Pravin Mody of GBS Linens, Inc.
- Larry Lake
- Virg Narbutas of Prime Healthcare Services
- Ajesh Patel of Prospera Hotels
- Dr. Birinder Sahai and wife Jasbinder
- Dr. Harvinder Sahota and wife Dr. Asha Sahota
- Harbhajan Samra
- Hardeep Sandhu
- Jimmy Sandhu
- Dr. Tarsem Singhal and wife
- Dr. Satinder Swaroop and wife Venzila
Annie Mezzacappa said, nearly 200 guest attended this event.