missing woman's family offers $25,000 reward
Toronto, July 18, 2009
Members of Mrs. Poonam Litt’s family have posted
a $25,000.00 reward for any information that will lead police to
the whereabouts of Poonam Litt.
Her husband, Manjinder Litt, who was in India with
his mother when his wife disappeared, said he remains hopeful she
will be found unharmed. He said:
- I'm hoping that with the announcement of this reward, someone
will step forward and there was no marital strife before she disappeared.
He also said he knew of no one who would want to harm her.
- There is no one who is our enemy
- Who could I name? There is no one.
- Their 2 years daughter,“keeps on asking when my mom will
- We’re passing time and we’re praying to God
- We were living with love with each other. We got along with
Detective Kim Taylor said:
- Poonam's disappearance was “uncharacteristic,”
there has been no evidence to indicate foul play.
- We know someone out there has information about Poonam Litt.
We’re here today to reignite the public’s interest
in this case
- Her husband, initially broached the idea of a reward two months
- The investigation is still going full steam, with tips flooding
- Poonam was a very dedicated mother and wife who wouldn’t
go out without having contact with her husband or checking on
- We interviewed with family members, co-workers and the broader
community, has thus far yielded no viable clues. Despite numerous
public tips about possible sightings, there have been no positive
- Ms. Litt has not contacted anyone in her family.
- We believes that she did not leave Canada.
Anyone with information can call Peel police at 905-453-3311 or
Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
To view the English version
of the video, please
To view the Punjabi version
of the video,
April 07, 2009: NRI Missing Ontario woman
may be in Surrey area
The Peer Regional Police Force contacted the Surrey Detachment
in hopes of furthering their investigation pertaining to a missing
person; Poonam LITT. Investigators in Ontario have received information
that Ms. Litt may be in the Surrey area however they have not been
able to confirm this to date.
Feb. 08, 2009: NRI
Brampton Woman, 27, Missing
Poonam Litt, 27, 5' 4" tall, 130 lbs, brown eyes and black
shoulder length hair, of Brampton, Ontario, was last seen on February
5th, 2009 when she left her family to attend her job on the frigid
winter morning. She was employed as a dental receptionist, a 20-minute
walk from her home. She left her two-year-old daughter, Kiranjot,
at home with her sister-in-law. She was wearing a black coat and
At he time of missing:
- Her husband- Manjinder Litt and his mother were vacationing
- She was living with his husband's parents and his sister's family
- She was carrying only her cellphone and left the backpack at
home, which contained her wallet and ID. Now question arise, she
simply forgot her backpack or deliberately left it behind. There
is no activity on her cellphone since her disappearance
They had been married about four years and it was "a love marriage."
Her family also lives in the Brampton area.