Prakash Narain elected Mayor of Cypress,
Cypress, California, January 07, 2010
On Dec. 14th, in a unanimous vote of the five-member City
Council, NRI Dr. Prakash Narain, M.D, was elected the new mayor for the city of Cypress, California. He will hold mayer's post until December 2010. Cypress city situated in Orange County, near Los Angeles, with population of 50,000 people. There are over 20% Asian, 65% Caucasian and only less than 0.3% NRIs.
Dr. Narain has been very active in the local community for many years and we have seen him in most of the NRI's functions. He was always very polite, gentle and humble. He always had a smile on his face and he always had pleasant things to say to everyone.
He is currently representing the City of Cypress on the following boards and committees:
- League of California Cities, Orange County Division
- Joint Forces Training Base Military Affairs Ad Hoc Committee
- League of California Cities Orange County Division - Representative
- League of California Cities Legislative Delegate Program - Representative
- League of California Cities Orange County City Selection Committee
- Growth Management Area No. 2 Measure M - Representative
- Orange County Sanitation District (Alternate)
- Orange County Council of Governments General Assembly - Representative
- Orange County Library Advisory Board - Representative
- City/Cypress School District Volunteer Ad Hoc Committee
- City/Anaheim Union High School District Volunteer Ad Hoc Committee
- Business Retention, Attraction, Creation and Expansion Committee (BRACE)
It is with great pride and joy that we congratulate our friend and Mayer for the city of Cypress, California.