Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal), America
Holds Successful 2ND Annual Convention in LA
Los Angeles, Aug. 14, 2010
Shiromani Akali Dal ( Badal ) America 2nd annual convention was held on August 14th, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. The Conference started around 3pm with social hour and ended around 9pm. More than 300 NRIs attended the conference and it was a very successful event. A sumptuous delicious dinner was served and it was catered by “India oven. ” Thanks for Shamsher Singh Sidhu for great services.
Click On Photos for Big View
This event was organized by the Akali Dal organizing committee members of LA - including well known entrepreneur, Iqbal Singh Samra, Ronak Singh, Nachhatar Singh Bhullar, Saab Singh Bhullar, Gursharan singh Natt, Harbhajan Singh Chahal and Dalbir Singh Sanghera.
Chairman Harry Gill, Shiromani Akali Dal ( Badal ) America, 2010
About 30 well known Akali Dal leaders spoke on this occasion to solve NRI problems over here and as well as in India. The speakers were Chairman Harry Gill, President Manjit Singh Dasuha, Senior VICE President Kulwant Singh Kahera, General Secretary, Harinder Singh, Balblir Singh Hundal, California chief Unit Baljit singh Mann, Harbans Singh Chahal, Dalbir Singh Sanghera, Master Mohinder Singh. Harbans Singh Pamma, Raunak Singh, Dr. Jaswant Singh Dhillon, Baldev Johal, Jasprit Singh, Harjit Singh Goldy, Harjinder Singh , Charajith Bath, Nazar Singh Kunar, Bikramjit Singh, Harbans Singh Sandhu, Raghbir Singh, Baljit Singh Mann, Malkit Singh, Malwinder Singh Chahil, Devinder Singh Rania Pritam Singh, Jarnail Singh , Jasbir Singh Lalli- General Secretary, Harry Gill, Dildar Singh BainsIqbal Singh Samra read a message from Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa, MP, Rajaya Sahib, secretary general, Shiromani Akali Dal to congratulate all members of Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal), America who attended the convention.
Most of speakers emphasis on political asylum NRI’s passports issue who like to go to India. Others spoke on mix issues such as
- To provide passports and Visas to NRI’s Who had declared political asylum in United States
- Participation in SGPC election and State Election
- Membership throughout USA
Manjit singh, president of NRI Wing USA said he had some issues which we like to send a message to Badal Sahib through Surjit Singh Rakhra. These issues were:
- Passport Issue- Punjab Govt. must contact with Center Govt. This is the only way passports and Visas can be issued to NRI’s Who had declared political asylum
- Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) should provide some seats to NRIs who are qualified for election and like to serve Punjab as well as NRI community
- When Punjab Leaders come in foreign Countries, they should provide us information in advance, so that our local State representative can have communication with them for further development
- Nomination in SGPC membership
- Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal), America – To make party stronger, senior leaders from Punjab should attend their next convention
- MEMBERSHIP—10,000 NYC---will be increased to 100,000
- NEXT CONVENTION IN New Jersey (june- sep. 2011)
- Women’s involvement— After reporter’s question, he said we like to involve women in coming years
Shiromani Akali Dal’s NRI Wing President Surjit Singh Rakhra came from India to attend this conference and he was the chief guest of 2nd annual convention.
He handled the situation very wisely, when 7-8, Shiromani Akali Dal leaders opposed the management policy for new appointments of Chairman/Presidents in North America. Mr. Rakhra following the speech of Ronak Singh, said, “ We must remove the deficiencies and should increase our membership by bringing more youths.” Following to questions and suggestions of speakers, he said:
- Passport is big issue but keep in mind, you are living in such a great Country that your President and Congressmen always behind you. If you all get together/unity—Consulate will follow you
- To raise issue with Prime Minister of India, there is no problem. You should come to India, we would set up a meeting with Mr. Badal and then with Prime Minister
- Today, Shiromani Akali Dal Badal is very strong, IT NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE
- 80%, INTELIGENCE AGENCIES- SAY------Akalidal will come back again
- Sukhbir Singh Badal is very intelligent and understand technology.
- We like to to bring NRIs in our Shiromani committee (SGPC) --- We should realize that all election and structure ias controlled by Center Govt.
- Assembly Ticket issue--you must come to Punjab, work hard and show people that you are cape able and eligible for election. We will be proud to help you because you have more vision than we have
- India, Punjab is more growth than USA. You should invest and nothing to loose
- Power- we cannot do any thing without power. I hope that after 2- 2.5 years, we would have surplus power because of thermal plants. Now we also talking about Dam after floods in Punjab
Surjit Singh Rakhra had created state development Trust in the name of his father Late S. Kartar Singh Dhaliwal and deposited 1,30,59,000( One Crore Thirty Lakh and Fifty Nine Thousand) in the joint account with the Goverment under the CD 2.35 Scheme for which high level committee's have been constituted, one is central committee which is created under Chief Secretary Punjab and Second District level committee under the Dy. Commissioner.
S. Surjit Singh Rakhra arranged a Punjabi Conference at Milwaukee in USA in 1997 in which delegates from all corners of the world, participated. The entire expenditure was incurred by the family of S. Surjit Singh Rakhra. (S. Surjit Singh Rakhra in the name of his late father created S. Kartar Singh Dhaliwal Chair) in Wisconsin University (USA) through his elder brother S. Darshan Singh Dhaliwal.
S. Surjit Singh Rakhra, NRI, is interested to setup IT Units in Punjab. During his speech in the Punjab Vidhan Sabha he pressurised the government to setup IT Units in Punjab and offered mediation for many Countries like America for setting up IT Units in Punjab. He is interested to setup party based small Units in each Country under the Shiromani Akali Dal, NRI Wing.
More About Dhaliwal Family: