|His entrepreneurial roots stretch back to 1982, when he co-founded Sun Microsystems, which became a $7-billion workstation and software company.
Khosla- CEO of Sun Microsystems and venture capitalist
2013: Partner, Khosla Ventures,
Age: 58, Residence: Portola Valley, CA,
Education: Master of Science, Carnegie Mellon University; Bachelor of Arts / Science, Indian Institute of Technology; Master of Business Administration, Stanford University,
Marital Status: Married,
- March 2013: Net Worth, $1.5 B
- Vinod Khosla is the founder of Khosla Ventures, focused on impactful clean technology and information technology investments. Mr. Khosla was a co-founder of Daisy systems and founding CEO of Sun Microsystems where he pioneered open systems and commercial RISC processors. He always assist entrepreneurs and helping them build technology based businesses. Mr. Khosla is driven by the desire to make positive impact through scaling alternative energy, achieving petroleum independence, and promoting a pragmatic approach to the environment. He is also passionate about Social Entrepreneurship.
- Sep. 22, 2011: Two IITians among 400 richest Americans
- April 06, 2011: Ranked 71st is Indian-born engineerVinod Khosla, who raised $1.1 billion in the teeth of the recession (summer 2009)--the most raised by a venture firm .............Read
- January 26, 2011:Billionaire Venture Capitalist Vinod Khosla’s Energy Bets Inch Forward. Superstar venture capitalist Vinod Khosla has spent the past six years .
- January 12, 2011: Vinod Khosla's company has invested in 37 infotech companies and 53 clean-tech companies, including EcoMotors. He has become the most widely recognized investor in clean technologies—those that generate or save energy with the least environmental impact.
- Jan 03, 2011: Khosla Ventures announced today it has led the company’s second round of equity financing, which included existing investors Braemar Energy Ventures, Rho Ventures and GE Energy Financial Services. In an SEC document first pointed out by CNET, the company reported last week it had raised $23.9 million out of a planned $39.7 million, with $15.8 million remaining to be sold.
- May 25, 2010: Tony Blair joins Indian-born billionaire's US firm -Former British prime minister Tony Blair, who has landed a job as adviser to Indian-born billionaire Vinod Khosla's US-based venture capital firm, says he shares a "clear vision" with the tycoon, "one of the earliest leaders in cleantech investment".. ....Read
- April 07, 2008: NRI
Vinod Khosla and his wife donated $500,000 to the Wikimedia
Foundation - NRI philanthropists
Vinod Khosla, co-founder of Daisy Systems and founding Chief
Executive Officer of Sun Microsystems, and wife Neeru Khosla
(innovators in educational outreach), donated $500,000 to
the Wikimedia Foundation, the non-profit . ....Read
- Sep. 22, 2007: Forbes list-
317th place with a net worth of $1.5 billion.
- May 31, 2005: Catching
Up with Vinod Khosla- I recently visited Vinod
Khosla, who since the 1980s has been a general partner in
seven funds at VC firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers,
which has funded such companies as Google, Genentech, and
Sun Microsystems, where Khosla was a co-founder. Last year...Read
- Dec. 08,
2004: NRI Capitalist tycoon Vinod
Khosla (California) has gifted $5 million for a IIT school
Delhi where he studied- California-based
venture capitalist Vinod Khosla has gifted $5 million for
a school on information technology at the Indian Institute
of Technology (IIT) and is funding a series of micro-credit
foundations in India."I am contributing $5 million
towards the school at IIT Delhi where I studied. ....Read
2003 Forbes Midas
list: NRI among Forbes'
400 richest Americans -
He is co-founder
of Daisy Systems and the founding chief executive officer
of Sun Microsystems. Khosla, at 48, stands 357th in the
list of 400 richest Americans, is the only NRI in the
list. He has been ranked 357th this year with a wealth
of $700 million.
Vinod Khosla was a co-founder of Daisy Systems
and founding Chief Executive Officer of Sun Microsystems, where
he pioneered open systems and commercial RISC processors. Vinod
serves on the boards of Agami, eASIC, Indian School of Business,
Infinera, Kovio, Metricstream, Spatial Photonics, Xsigo and Zettacore.
- Vinod Khosla (born January 28, 1955 in Pune, India) is
an Indian-American venture capitalist. He is an influential
personality in Silicon Valley. He was one of the co-founders
of Sun Microsystems and became a general partner of the venture
capital firm Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers in 1986.
- Vinod holds a Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering
from the Indian Institute of Technology in New Delhi, a Master's
in Biomedical Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University, and
an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
- He lives in Woodside, California, with his wife Neeru and
their four children. Three daughters and one son.