Jackson, MI, Feb. 05, 2008
Michigan NRI Neurosurgeon Dr. Harish Rawal, 59, announce the
donation of $1 million to (JCC) Jackson Community College for
new Center for Health Professions Demonstrating their commitment
to the community and while emphasizing the importance of education.
JCC President Daniel J. Phelan ready to open the renovated Justin
Whiting Hall with its new nursing and allied health program instructional
areas under the name of the Rawal Center for Health Professions,
in honor of Dr. and Mrs. Rawal and family. Dr. and Mrs. Rawal
are outstanding citizens in the Jackson community who understand
the importance of education and JCC’s efforts to elevate
our technologies and curriculum to enhance student learning
Dr. Harish Rawal addresses the crowd with his wife, Sudha,
after announcing he is giving JCC $1 million for its Center for
Courtesy of Marilynn Fryer/mlive.vom
Dr. Harish Rawal and his wife Sudha, also donated $50,000 to
Jackson High School for a scholarship in memory of his mother.
There is already running a college in his father's name and one
high school in his mother's name in India
Dr. Harish Rawal was 9 years old when his father died and his
mother was only 35 years old. She raised four children from poverty
to success in the business and medical fields.
- We are all excited about beginning the fulfillment of our
commitment to the community
- Sharing what you have should be a priority when you're blessed.
- I hope it stimulates people to understand the importance of
- I hope it stimulates those with the ability to donate to do
- My gift will give financially challenged students access to
an education that will provide them the tools necessary to find
a good job.
- I feel my poverty had a lot to do with who I am.
- It has made me an achiever, it has made me brave and a giver.
- We need to induce in the younger generation the importance
I believe, if you're educated, you will not starve.......Dr.