- June, 2010.......Read
- July, 2009.......Read
- April, 2009.....Read
- March, 2009--Read
- Feb, 2009---- Read
takes DNA samples of militants involved in Mumbai attacks
seals offices of terror linked Al-Amin Trust: report
terror strikes were an attack on India's democratic values: Soni
10, 2008: PUNJAB
POLICE DGP UNDERLINES THE NEED FOR PRO-ACTIVE POLICING
Tragedy Memorial Service in Seattle by NRI associations
procession in LA by California NRIs, against Mumbai Massacre
must get rid of all our politicians and let new blood take over,
Blasts in my city left me feeling shattered
upgraded with cameras and baggage X-ray machines and also required
ID for entrance
- Dec. 04, 2008 TERROR
ATTACK ON MUMBAI- A Prayerful Reflection ....by “KP”
- CALCUTTA, India – Indian police arrested two men accused
of providing mobile phone cards to the gunmen in the Mumbai attacks,
the first known arrests in the probe since the siege ended, police
The two men allegedly provided SIM cards to the group of 10
gunmen that attacked Mumbai last week, leaving 171 people dead,
said Javed Shahim, a senior police official in the eastern city
of Calcutta in West Bengal.
Shaim said one of the men was from West Bengal and the other
was from the Indian portion of Kashmir.
Indian authorities believe the banned Pakistani-based militant
group, Lashkar-e-Taiba, which has links to the disputed region
of Kashmir, trained the gunmen and plotted the attacks.
The Kashmiri suspect was believed to be a local police officer,
according to a police official in Srinagar, the region's biggest
city, who declined to be named because the matter was still
- Major alert at Delhi
airport, police say situation 'normal'
- NEW DELHI (AFP) — The Indian capital's international airport
was the scene of a major security scare overnight Thursday after
the sound of gunfire was reported, but police said there was no
evidence of any shooting.
- Dec. 04, 2008: The lone
surviving gunman in the assault, Ajmal Amir Kasab, 21, told police
Lakhvi recruited him for the operation, and the assailants called
Muzammil on a satellite phone after hijacking an Indian vessel
en route to Mumbai. During the attacks, the gunmen used mobile
phones taken from hotel guests to place calls to the Pakistani
city of Lahore.The Indian officials spoke on condition of anonymity
because they weren't authorized to talk publicly discuss the details.Police
officers said they were trying to get as much detail as possible
- "A terrorist of this sort is never cooperative. We have
to extract information," said Deven Bharti, the head of the
Mumbai crime branch.
- Indian police are well known for using interrogation methods
that would be regarded as torture in the West, including questioning
suspects drugged with "truth serum."
- Bharti provided no details on interrogation techniques, but
said "truth serum" would probably be used next week.
He did not specify what drug would be used.
- Kasab has so far told police that he and the other nine attackers
trained for months in camps in Pakistan operated by Lashkar.
warned India about attacks: US spies
Link Of The Government Of India-
Mumbai couldn't have been attacked
so savagely without local help. Could that be the gangs who control
the city's underworld business?
Massacre: More Coverage = More Attacks.
- The death
toll reached 160 including 14 police and NSG personnel.
- 14 terrorists
were killed and one captured alive.
Taj Mahal Hotel stands tall after gunbattle
says it's ready to deepen engagement with India on terror
least 13 foreigners killed in Mumbai: MHA
- Three Lashkar fidayeen captured; Security
stepped up across country
- Two terrorists captured are British nationals:
- Hostages said dead in Mumbai Jewish center
- Security forces secure Oberoi, Nariman
House, firing on at Taj
- New York, Nov. 28, 2008- 2.00pm ET
- More than 150 people have been killed since gunmen attacked
10 sites across India's financial capital starting Wednesday night,
including 22 foreigners — four of them Americans, officials
- New York, Nov. 28, 2008- 2.00am ET:
- The operations against the siege of Mumbai appeared to be nearing
last stages with the evacuation of 35 hostages from Oberoi hotel
but fierce battle was on to eliminate a small band ultras holed
up in a Jewish building complex.
- About 20 airline crew evacuated from Oberoi hotel
- Total 131 dead and 325 injured
- Two Australian men Brett Gilbert Taylor, 49 and Sydney man
Doug Markell were also confirmed dead
- Mumbai's police chief said earlier today that the Taj hotel
had now been cleared of militants, but it was rocked by loud blasts
and gunfire this afternoon as security forces moved through it.Fresh
firing at Taj hotel- may be 2-3 terrorists still hiding on the
- Indian stocks dip
- A militant holed up at the centre phoned an Indian television
channel to offer talks with the government for the release of
hostages, but also to complain about abuses in Kashmir, over which
India and Pakistan have fought two of their three wars.
- "Ask the government to talk to us and we will release the
hostages," the man, identified by the India TV channel as
Imran, said, speaking in Urdu in what sounded like a Kashmiri
accent. "Are you aware how many people have been killed in
- The attacks were claimed by a previously unknown group, the
Deccan Mujahedeen, which demanded the release of all Mujahideen,
or Islamic holy warriors, in Indian jails. The co-ordinated attacks
bore the hallmarks of al-Qaeda, but there was no sign of any formal
link with the terror network.
- One militant inside the Oberoi-Trident, identifying himself
only as Sahadullah, told an Indian television station by telephone:
"Release all the mujahideens, and Muslims living in India
should not be troubled."
- The Indian Prime Minister, said that the terrorists had "external
linkages". "It is evident that the group which carried
out these attacks, based outside the country, had come with single-minded
determination to create havoc in the commercial capital of the
country," he said.
- New York, Nov. 27, 2008- 4.30pm ET:
- 131 people have been confirmed dead
- Taj hotel is cleared
- Oberio Hote: shooting still is going on
- Eight hostages were freed from the headquarters of a Jewish
- Indian commandoes killed the last three gunman at hotel
- The gunmen's main targets appeared to be Americans, Britons
condemn Mumbai blasts
Bombs exploding and
gun battles between terrorists and police across Mumbay
85 died and over 200 injured
- New York, Nov. 26, 2008- 9pm ET
Sant Parkash Singh
- Eighty five people have been confirmed dead and over 200 have
been injured when terrorists attacked India's financial hub of
Mumbai in at least seven places at about 10:30 p.m on Nov. 26.
- One Japanese national was among the dead
- At least two Australians have been injured
- 85 died and over 200 injured
Hotel Taj in Mumbai on Fire
- The targets included the city's best hotels, busy railway stations,
police headquarters and cinemas.Seven places include:
- Two five star hotels, the Taj and Oberoi, have been hit and
both set on fire.
- One restaurant popular with tourists was also attacked.
- The CST main railway station
- Shots were fired outside a hospital- a hospital in the south
of the city.
- A petrol station was blown up
- A reports of a bomb in the vicinity of the airport.
A charred vehicle at the site of a bomb blast
on the western express highway near airport in Mumbai. Photograph:
- The terrorists were looking for American and British passport
holders, and it is said that hostages have been taken at one hotel.
They were armed with automatic weapons AK-47 rifles and grenades.
They also opened fire on crowds in the main railway station, and
a hospital in the south of the city. A.N. Roy, chief of Maharashtra
state police told local television, "At a few places they
even used grenades. There have been blasts at a few places."It
is confirmed that these attacks were planed the locations where
foreigners were staying.
- Eleven policemen have been killed including top officers:
- Mumbai Anti-Terrorism Squad Chief: Hemant Karkare
- Additional Commissioner of Police: Ashok Kamte
- Encounter specialist: Vijay Salaskar
- There is no indication yet of who was behind the attacks. Four
terrorists are thought to have been captured or killed. Police
seized a boat filled with arms and explosives anchored at Mazgaon
dock off Mumbai harbor. 200 NSG commandos and 65 Army commandos
have been sent to Mumbai. The army was reported to have stormed
both the hotels to try and flush out the hostage takers.
- European Parliament Committee on International Trade delegates
were staying in the Taj Mahal hotel, it includes:
- British Conservative MEP, Sajjad Karim who was in the lobby
when gunmen initially opened fire there.
- German Socialist MEP, Erika Mann were last heard of hiding
in different parts of the building.
- Spanish MEP Ignasi Guardans Cambó, who was barricaded
in a hotel room.
- British Conservative MEP, Syed Kamall reports that he along
with several other MEPs left the hotel and went to a nearby restaurant
shortly before the attack.
- Kamill also reported that Polish MEP, Jan Masiel, was thought
to have been sleeping in his hotel room when the attacks occurred
and has not been heard from since
- Kamil and Cambó report that a Hungarian MEP's assistant
has been shot
- The President of Madrid, Esperanza Aguirre, while checking-in
at the Oberoi Trident, and Indian MP, Krishna Das while having
dinner at a restaurant in the Taj hotel were also caught up in
Indian police to charge surviving Mumbai
Wednesday, 10 Dec 2008
Surviving militant involved in Mumbai attacks charged on 12 counts
Printer friendly version
The only surviving militant involved in the Mumbai terror attacks
is to be charged on 12 counts, including war against the state,
Indian police have confirmed.
- World leaders condem all acts
Dr Ruby Dhalla, MP condemns all acts of terrorism:
I share the shock and concern of many
Canadians in learning of the series of terrorist attacks in Mumbai
which have taken the lives of many innocent individuals and injured