hunt for NRI after his wife and two children were found slain
Novi, MI, Oct. 31, 2008
Lakshminivasa Rao Nerusu, 42, Telugu, residence
of Novi (20 miles from Detroit), Michigan, killed his family,
reportedly due to financial crisis. He stabbed his wife, Jayalakshmi
and also killed two children- daughter Tejasvi, 14 and son Siva,
Recently, he lost his job as a fallout of the financial
crisis and is absconding after committing the crime.
According to the police:
- We found the bodies on the first floor of their two-story
town home on Wharton Court, after a relative of the victims
reported he had not heard from the family in several days.
- There was a significant amount of trauma to the head and neck
areas of each victim
- The crime scene as “brutal” and “very disturbing
- There is no domestic violence incidents regarding the Nerusu
- All three victomd had defensive wounds on the arms and hands
as if they attempted to fend off blows
- Jayalakshmi was a housewife; daughter was attending Walled
Lake Western High, and son, Geisler Middle School.
Investigators say Nerusu could have faced financial
problems and their family car was repossessed about a month ago.
US financial storm kills 2nd Indian family. Last
month, in Los Angeles, NRI
Karthik Rajaram, 45, an unemployed financial advisor killed
himself and shot five family members:
The investigation is ongoing. The Michigan State Police Northville
Crime Lab is assisting. Anyone with information regarding this
incident is asked to contact the Novi Police Department at (248)