village near Mahilpur town, 25 kilometres from Hoshiarpur
husband arrested in wife's killing in Punjab
Hoshiarpur, March 07 2009
NRI Manjit Singh, husband of Kuldeep Kaur Badyal,
32, Vancouver truck driver, have been arrested, along with two others
on suspicion of hiring contract killers to kill his wife.
On Friday, the punjab police told media:
- His two brothers Charanjit Singh, a local Akali Dal leader,
and Satinder Singh, not working, were arrested
- Third person, Iqbal Singh is still at large
- Kuldeep Kaur Badyal was insured for Canadian $400,000 and Manjit
Singh convinced his brothers to cash this money to become rich
- Unconrfirmed sources revealed that Manjit liked to marry named
Rani in vancouver who is expecting his child
One Punjab SSP in Chandigarh told our NRIpress reporter that for
the past 2-3 years, more than 20 cases have been reported for contrct
killings. Most of the cases occurred in Doaba area.
- We respect NRIs but we also warned NRI community that NRIs sitting
abroad think that they can get away with it by getting the crime
committed in Punjab through contract killers: “They are
Kaur from Vancouver, shot dead in Punjab
Hoshiarpur, March 05 2009
Kuldeep Kaur, 32, from Vancouver, B.C., Canada,
was shot dead by unidentified man in Lehli village near Mahilpur,
Hoshiarpur district, Punjab, when she was going to the gurudwara
Next day, she had a reservation to fly back to Canada.
She had arrived in India with her husband Manjit Singh in January.
The police told media:
- She was fired upon from very close range and died on the spot
with one bullet hit her chest.
- Kuldeep Kaur's cousin Sandeep Singh told us that her husband
Manjit Singh might killed her because he had illicit relations
with another woman in Canada.
- Manjit Singh, her husband said that he had no idea about
According to media, the Punjab police is suspicious
enough about her husband Manjit Singh in the murder case and they
were looking at all aspects for the contract killing..
The police has not ruled that her husband should
face a murder charge in the death of his wife. They have two minor