NRI Meghana Pandit Appointed as first female CEO of
Oxford University Hospitals
Los Angeles, Feb 20, 2023
NRIpress.club/Ramesh/ A.Gary Singh
NRI Professor Meghana Pandit has been appointed as the first female Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
The appointment will take effect from March 1, said the OUH, in a statement. Pandit also becomes the trust’s first person of colour to be appointed CEO of any National Health Service (NHS) trust in the Shelford Group. Notably, the trust represents some of the biggest teaching hospitals in the country.
- “It is a privilege to be asked to lead OUH on a permanent basis and I look forward to continue working with colleagues at OUH, our partners in the health and social care system in Oxfordshire and across the BOB Integrated Care System, our partner Universities, and Oxford Hospitals Charity, to ensure the highest quality of research and innovation enabled care for our patients and populations,”
- I am proud to have the opportunity to continue leading with compassion and respect for others, with a desire for excellence
About Meghana Pandit
- she has also served as the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) within the NHS trusts and is also an Honorary Professor at Warwick University.
- Pandit is also an Associate Fellow at Green Templeton College, University of Oxford.
- Meghana trained in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the Oxford Deanery and was Visiting Lecturer in Urogynaecology at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA.
- Meghana was Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Clinical Director and then Divisional Director at Milton Keynes before joining University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust (UHCW) where Meghana was Chief Medical Officer from May 2012 to December 2018 and Deputy Chief Executive from 2014.
- Meghana is Course Director for MSc in Healthcare Operational Management at Warwick University.
- Meghana has completed an MBA from Oxford Brookes University and the Innovating Health for Tomorrow Programme at INSEAD, Fontainebleau. Meghana was awarded the Founding Senior Fellowship of the Faculty of Medical Management and Leadership and is Professor of Practice at Warwick University.
As Chief Medical Officer at UHCW, Meghana led the development of clinical strategy and had responsibility for Clinical Quality, Risk, Medical Education, Research and Development, and Legal Services. She was Responsible Officer for over 500 doctors and undertook clinical office based Gynaecology.
As Chief Medical Officer at Oxford University Hospitals, Meghana had responsibility for Clinical Safety and Outcomes, Medical Education, and Research and Development. She was also Responsible Officer for over 1000 doctors. Meghana continues her association with Warwick University.