Italy may open
VISA office in Chandigarh very soon
Chandigarh, Aug 11, 2007
Ambassador of Italy, Antonio Armellini along with a Italian Consulate
in New Delhi Gabriele Annis had a meeting with Punjab Chief Minister
Parkash Singh Badal announced that Italy may open its visa office
in Chandigarh very soon as to growing demand of Punjabis migrating
to that country. Italian Consulate is going to send a letter to
Government of India for its clearance.
In this meeting, Principal Secretary to Chief Minister D.S. Guru,
Media Advisor to Chief Minister Harcharan Bains and Chief Secretary,
Punjab R.I. Singh were also present three.
The Italian Ambassador said:
- 80% of the Indians migrating to Italy are from Punjab.
- Most of the Punjabs are willing to contribute pro-actively
to promote economic, cultural and social inter relations between
Government of Italy and the Government & people of Punjab.
- The doors of his country for skilled Punjabi manpower were
open especially in the field of Agriculture, Agro-Processing,
Machine tools and Horticulture.
- Our Country is willing to cooperate with the Government of
India and the state government to facilitate tie-ups between
Educational Institutions in Punjab and Italy. We also help to
Punjabi students to participate in other parts of the Europe
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Antonio Armellini also
agreed to stop illegal migration to Italy. Antonio Armellini said
his country really welcomes the enterprising Punjabi migrants
who came there after following proper and legal procedure.
Mr. Badal said that his government is in the process of bringing
a Legislation that all Travel Agents in Punjab must work under
the State rule
In Chandigarh, three counries are already providing services:
- The United States have collection centre
- UK have their visa collection centres
- Canada has independent consulate office to serve full services