On the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
11NRI Non-Profit Organizations Form India Philanthropy Alliance
11 Organizations collectively Raise $125 million annually in philanthropic donations.
Los Angeles, October 10, 2019
NRIpress.club/Ramesh/ A.Gary Singh
Mission: Humanitarian and Development Goals.
- To enhance collaboration among organizations working to advance the development agenda in India.
- To Help in Education, Health care, Livelihood support, and other essential Services.
- To foster a more robust and better recognized culture of giving among NRIs and over time, increase the scale and impact of philanthropy benefiting India.
11 organizations collectively:
- Raise $125 million annually in philanthropic donations, including more than $50 million in the United States.
- Cumulatively impacted more than 67 million people
Aimed at enhancing collaboration among organizations working to advance India’s development, eleven organizations announced the formation of a new India Philanthropy Alliance (IPA) at the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
Indiaspora played major role for this announcement
The formation of a new India Philanthropy Alliance (IPA) was announced at the first day of ChaloGive and during the Indiaspora Philanthropy Summit.
11 NRI Non-Profit Organization’s representatives who form India Philanthropy Alliance are:
- Akanksha Fund...The Akanksha Fund is a not-for-profit organization that raises support and awareness in the U.S. to fund educational opportunities for disadvantaged children in India, enabling some of the most marginalized children in the world to maximize their potentia.....Click
- American India Foundation (AIF)... The American India Foundation is dedicated to catalyzing social and economic change in India and building a lasting bridge between the United States and India. ....Click Here
- Arogya World Arogya World is a U.S. based non-profit organization striving to change the course of chronic disease. The name of the organization is simply an articulation of our mission: Arogya in Sanskrit means good health. More literally it means to live a life without disease….Click Here
- CRY America.....CRY America is a 501c3 non-profit organization driven by its vision of a just world in which all children have equal opportunities to develop to their full potential and realize their dreams...Click Here
- Dasra...Dasra is catalyzing India's strategic philanthropy movement to transform a billion lives with dignity and equity. In 1999, Dasra was founded on the simple premise that supporting non-profits in their growth will scale their impact on the vulnerable lives they serve....Click Here
- Ekal USAEkal Vidyalaya is a Movement involved in integrated & holistic development of rural & tribal India and Nepal. The main activity undertaken in this movement is to run one-teacher schools (known as Ekal Vidyalayas) all over India, in the remotest rural & tribal villages to take the education to every child....Click Here
- Foundation for Excellence (FFE)...The Foundation for Excellence (FFE) was founded with a mission to provide college scholarships to students who, although financially constrained, showed great promise in the technological, engineering and medical fields, three of the most expensive higher education programs in India. Every single donor contribution is directed to the scholarships.....Click Here
- Indiaspora...Indiaspora is a 501c(3) nonprofit organization established to transform the success of the Indian diaspora into meaningful impact worldwide. Founded in 2012 by M.R. Rangaswami and led by an esteemed Board and Founders Circle, our members are global leaders from diverse backgrounds and professions that work to build stronger communities at home and abroad, with a shared culture of strategic giving and inspiring social change.....Click Here
- Magic Bus USA....Magic Bus children in the Dharavi community have to dodge heaps of garbage on their way to the fields. Through discussion, they realized that some of their communities looked the same way and decided, as a team, to do something about it. A group of 10-16 year olds decided to turn this into an initiative....Click Here
- Pratham USA...Established in 1995 to provide education to children in Mumbai slums, Pratham (which means “first” in Sanskrit) is now one of the largest and most successful non-governmental education organizations in India. .....Click Here
- VisionSpring...Founded in 2001 with the goal of reaching and providing affordable, quality glasses to the 2.5 billion people worldwide who need them, we have come far in the years since. Learn more about our past achievements and get to understand our journey....Click Here.
On October 1, an article detailing their activities and objectives was published in the prestigious Stanford Social Innovation Review:
- To help India meeting its United Nations Sustainable Development Goal commitments, the organizations that are part of the Alliance will work more closely together in their constituency-building efforts in the United States and in their work in India.