NRI Mother’s Day Celebration in LA by IASC/ Dipal
Mother’s day celebration By IASC/ Dipal
Los Angeles, May 18,2013
IASC, India Association of California presented Mother’s day celebration on May 18th at Bharat community hall of Irvine Mandir, Irvine California. Simple hall was turned into beauty full banquet room with multi - color drapes and the balloons.
Guest started coming from 5.30 pm and they all were greeted on the door by IASC committee members. Dinner started in time and people standing in line for food and chatting with their friends.
Dipal Makhwana welcomed the guests, started the program, gave brief description of IASC activities and acknowledged all those who have put the foundation of this organization for next generation to nurture the children with our rich cultural and religious heritage. She said “She and her husband are learning from the founder member Kamini khare many things to run the organization’s activities. She invited Kamini khare on the stage to start the official ceremonial part of the event."
Kamini khare welcomed all the guest on behalf of ISAC and invited all the guests of honors: Avdesh and Uma Agarwal, Uka Bhai and Nalini Solanki, Dr Krishna Reddy and Sunil and Nilam Tolani.
All the committee members: Atul Makhwana, Nila Parikh, Usha and Dr. Shah Dr. Manorama sharma and Roshan Khandpur were called on the stage to join the ceremonial part of the event. All the guests had the honor to release the book written by kamini khare tittle” Divine Mother” a story book for children.
Three most senior mothers from the audience invited on the stage and were presented a shawl by Avdesh Ji, Uka Bhai and Dr.Reddy to mark the occasion of mother’s day.
A dance show at IASC, an emerging curricular approach that brings NRI 100s talented self-expressive students and faculty of exceptional and accomplished professionals whose abilities and experiences are diverse and far-reaching as close as possible to the professional world.
- A dance show was started by students of Montessori school.
- A Bollywood style dance was also presented by students of Aada dance Academy of Apra Gupta.
- Savitri Arts Academy, Dr. Sinduri presented Pushpanjali and story of Lord Shiva classical dance.
- Vandita’s studends presented Mangalam Bhagvan Vishnu classical dance.
- Well known classical dance teacher Vijaya Bhanu, Shkti Sharde Dance school students gave bhangra dance with classical touch.
- Hiral Joshi---students gave very touchy dance number expressing bond between mother and child. Apra Gupta—students displayed Bollywood dance.
- Dance and prance school teacher Neha and Rippu themselves brought folk dance of Punjab and Rajasthan on the stage. The children dance show was excellent.
After dance show, well known singer Ram Tasildar and Dr. Dipti Shah came on the stage to give live musical show. They enchanted the audience. Old and new songs brought people on the dance floor.
Local business owners and professionals- Dentist Dr. Geeta Seth, Jigar and Rashmi Shah Realtor and Mortgage finance agent Kirit and Bharti Marchant lends their support for the event. . It was very successful program with lot of traditional performance.
Mother's Day celebration:
In 1908, Mother's Day celebration started in USA, when Anna Jarvis held a memorial for her mother in West Virginia and later she began a campaign to make "Mother's Day" a recognized holiday in the United States. Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria, or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration occurred throughout the world over thousands of years. In 1912, Anna Jarvis trademarked the phrases "second Sunday in May" and "Mother's Day", and created the Mother's Day International Association........Karen